If you have a resource you think could be put on this page, email Joe[at]sparcopen.org
Many OpenCon participants from the global meeting and satellite events have written fantastic blogs about their time at the conference. They represent fantastic additions to the conference as well as personal summaries so have been included here:
- ReproHacking at Opencon London 2017 Do-a-thon -
- CARL-ABRC - OpenCon 2017 as seen by Jean-Sébastien Sauvé
- Laura Stankiewicz - Open Learning at OpenCon
- Julieta Arancio - OpenCon 2017: Reflections from a GOSHer
- Julieta Arancio - OpenCon 2017: Des-idealizando lo abierto para una mejor apertura (OpenCon 2017: Des-idealizing the open for a better opening)
- Rosie Higman - A Research Data Librarian’s experience of OpenCon 2017
- Rachael Ainsworth - An Astronomy Open Science Champion’s experience of OpenCon 2017
- Claire Coulter - #OpenCon 2. Reflection
- Stuart Lawson - OpenCon 2017
- Tara Robertson - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Open Research and Education
- Denisse Albornoz - Power and Inequality in Open Science Discourses (Speaking Notes)
- Fiona Bradley - OpenCon Berlin
- Chris Fernlund - OpenCon 2017 - Empowering the next generation to advance Open Access, Open Education and Open Data
- Vanessa Fairhurst - OpenCon Oxford 2017
- Laura Wheeler - OpenCon London Video: Open for What?
- Nadim Akhtar Khan - OpenCon 2017 Srinagar: Celebrating International Open Data Day
- Sara Kassabian, PLOS ECR Community - Reflections on OpenCon 2016
- Andreiwid Correa - OpenCon Campinas Resources & Outputs (written in Brazilian Portuguese)
- John O'Connor - Some thoughts on OpenCon 2016
- Max Planck Open Access - OpenCon 2016: Unlocking Open Science
- Megan Beckett - OpenCon 2016
- Maria Aghazarian - A Very Brief Summary of #OpenCon
- Mayra Artiles & Daniel Chen - OpenCon 2016 Reports from Virginia Tech
- Freyja van den Boom - OpenCon Conference 2016
- Sally Wilson - Some Notes on OpenCon 2016 Toronto
- Hamissou Rhissa - Celebrating and Strategizing Open Access in Niger
- Nicolas Schemlling - Wrap up OpenCon Berlin
- Franziska Sattler - A Summary of OpenCon Berlin 2016
- Access2Perspectives - From OpenCon Berlin 2016 to Africa
- A Waterfall of Consciousness Blog - Notes: OpenConCam 2016
- Alex Morley - OpenCon Cambridge 2016
- Cambridge Open Access - OpenConCam 2016 Storify
- Danielle Robinson - OpenCon: An Unexpected Journey
- Lilian Juma - From Nairobi to the World: Open Access Week 2016 (OpenCon 2016 Nairobi)
- Linda Lew - A Kiwi at OpenCon 2016
- Sara Hänzi - #OpenCon highlights
- Leonid Schneider - Open Science, Open Scientists
- Haley Kragness - OpenCon Toronto 2015
- Dr. Karin Purshouse - Unlocking Science - OpenCon 2015
- Iara Vidal - Remembering my OpenCon Year
- RIO Editorial Office - RIO @ OpenCon
- Tomohiro Nagashima - OpenCon 2015@Brussels
- Gia Ghaliyah - OPENCON 2015 Jakarta: Bringing Students Together
- Chris H.J. Hartgerink - Elsevier stopped me doing my research
- European Medical Students’ Association - EMSA at OpenCon ‘15 in Brussels
- Sreyoshi Bhaduri - Getting to Know Open
- Lillian Juma - My Journey as an OpenCon Organizer in Nairobi
- Open Access Ambassadors - OpenCon 2015 Leipzig
- Paola Masuzzo - Open Science: "It's not a lie, if you believe it"
- Gwilym Lockwood - On Open Ideology
Ross Mounce - Generation Open: A diary of OpenCon 2014
David Carroll - Learning Medicine Openly
Scientific American - Generation Open: Sneak Peek Into Science’s Future at OpenCon 2014
Lorraine Chuen - Science is broken.
Karin Purshouse - She left her scarf on capitol hill.
Dominique Morneau - An ode to Open Access Journals.
Ivana di Salvo - Medical Students Improving Research at OpenCon 2014
The Scope of Science - Best Conference Ever
Infotoday, Abby Clobridge - Students and Early Career Researchers for Open Access, Open Education and Open Data.
OpenCon 2014 Ukraine - Wrap up.
Janine Hardy - Student Report
Celya (Hackyourhd) - OpenCon 2014: In the Heart of Science Advocacy
Micheal O'Hagan - Some thoughts from OpenCon 2014 (London): Open Data
- Jessie Gunter & Mohammed Seyam - OpenCon 2014 Reports from Virginia Tech Grad Students
As part of OpenCon 2017's do-a-thon, a group of alumni launched the OpenComm Open Media Network, and created their first podcast episode, What is Open Media?
OpenCon 2014 brought together some of the greatest young advocates in the Open movement. We took the chance to speak to as many of them as we could in partnership with the OKcast with Alex Fink.
You can find all the podcasts, which are usually less than 15 minutes here.
Open Research Glossary
After the OpenCon 2014 satellite event in London, two early career researchers, Jon Tennant and Ross Mounce, realised that it’s still too difficult for many people new to Open Access and Open Data to understand key terms which the community uses. Lingo, jargon, terminology, whatever you call it, an internal vocabulary often provides barriers to discussions that the ‘open’ community is having.
Enter the Open Research Glossary. Jon and Ross spent an evening in the pub (where else...) putting together a first draft of this document, then released it to the community. Quickly others, seeing the potential value, began to contribute, and soon they’d put together a comprehensive glossary for open research.
The glossary can be found at: www.righttoresearch.org/resources/OpenResearchGlossary/