Satellite events are held year round, open to anyone, and arranged by hosts around the world in partnership with the main OpenCon conference. Over 4000 people have attended OpenCon satellite events since 2014. Satellites often combine content, themes and ideas from the main meeting with locally arranged activities. They're the perfect way to learn and get involved in the community, and are an essential part of the OpenCon community.
The Open Con Kaduna satellite event is a workshop organize to introduce scholars to open access issues. The theme of the workshop is Open Access for advancing scholarly publication advancing scholars. the following are the objectives of the workshop,
(1) To introduces participants to Open Access publishing
- Conceptual clarity:
- Open Access, Open data and Open Research
- Benefit of Open Access Publishing
(2) To introduce scholars to various tools for collaborative research
- Introducing participant to fig share, overleaf and open repository
(3) To introduce Scholars to Open Access archiving tools for their publication
- To train Scholars on registering their digital identity on the various repository e.g (ORCID, Research gate, Academia.edu)
- To train researchers on uploading their Research Publication
- Social media for Open Access
The workshop is targeted to Scholars who are interested in the use Open access, open data and Open research from Kaduna State University, Kaduna Polytechnic, Nigerian Defence Academy and Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
Join us for OpenCon 2018 New York City featuring talks, workshops, and unconference sessions centered on open data, open access, and open education.